||Who's Who In The Zoo?
(Grades K - 2)
The following is a list of activities
designed to provide teachers with a comprehensive, standards based,
literacy and technology-infused curriculum for this unit. Feel free
to add your own ideas, activities, or modify the unit to work best
for you and your students.
books about zoos and zookeepers.
- Discuss natural habitat vs. zoo settings
- View zoo web cams
- View the animal pictures on the website
- Play the game at http://www.switchzoo.com/zoo.htm.
- Solve a jigsaw
puzzle and Create
your own online jigsaw puzzle
- Complete an "All About Book" online
- Craft zoo animal addition and subtraction
- "Become an Expert" on
- Commission an artist.
- Create a podcast and
Celebrate with your classmates and family as you view the podcast, "Who's
at the Zoo?"
All the lessons in this unit are designed to
provide you with content and strategies to implement the activities. Please
feel free to use your professional discretion as to sequence and content.